Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Can I tell you a story....

I could hear the screams from outside. "It's not too late, we could turn around". 

It was too late, I promised. 
We entered, the screams louder. The smell of sweat hit my nostrils, so intense, it pushed my body back. 
We proceeded. 
Everywhere I looked bodies were melting,  tumbling, and running. They stripped us of our shoes and jackets. I held tight to my purse. 
The screams were louder, but now, there were faces to match the bellows. 
Carpets were stained and the walls were bare. 
I turned to look for my children but they were gone. I could see them bobbing amongst the others every so often. 
"Would they come back to me.... Would they be in one piece?" 
Just then a girl ran past with blood pouring from her lips "Papa!!! Papa!!!!" 
I have to find them. 
I have to help them ... survive!! 
Sweat was dripping off me now, the screams pulsing in my ear, my eyes shifting back and forth, scanning across the stench filled room. 
"Yes!! There they are! " 
I rushed to them only fast enough to not stir the other parents who had entered some kind of zombie state.
"I could not let that happen to me, I must stay alert!"
  It had been about two hours and we were still alive but we were worn down. 
It was time to get the hell out of dodge!!

I whistled,they followed, and when the coast was clear, we shot out the front snatching our belongings. Never looking back,we managed to pile in the car. 
We drove off, our bodies still vibrating.  We survived. 

As we drove away Damos asked " can I have my birthday there next year?" 

"We will see Damos,we will see". 










No comments:

Post a Comment